Recently someone anonymously sent me an assistive technology calendar (if you are reading this, thank you very much).
Friday’s helpful hint was changing the playback speed on audio files.
It could be very helpful for students to hear audio played back slower at times.
This tip goes along with Audacity, which is a free download. Here are the steps to slowing down the playback speed:
- File/Open the .mp3 or other audio file.
- From the effects menu, select “Change tempo”
- To reduce the tempo by 20%, type “-20.0” in the “Percent Change” box & click OK
- The length of the playback will be increased by 20%
- File/Export the audio file
The only credit listed in the calendar is to Jim E in Ohio….. I wish I could credit him better….